Top 6 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Mover
- Are there any other fees that I could be charged for? Will you write that on the contract?
- Does the hourly rate start upon arrival to my home? Does the hourly rate stop when the loaders go on break? Could we please note that?
- Would you be willing to give a binding quote?
- What happens if something gets damaged or lost? (Movers are only liable for 60 cents per pound, but many will still cover the loss of an item as good customer service.) See “What’s Up with Insurance?”
- I am not in a position to pay cash, will you please write on the contract that you accept credit cards upon delivery?
- Your company will be performing the work, correct? You are not brokering this out?